Are you searching for the perfect wireless gaming mouse that will elevate your gaming experience to new heights? Look no further than the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless. With its exceptional design, cutting-edge features, and unparalleled performance, this gaming mouse is a force to be reckoned with in the gaming industry. In this comprehensive review, we will delve into the key aspects of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless and explore why it stands out from the competition.
Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is a gaming mouse that belongs to the lightweight and high-performance XLITE lineup from Pulsar Gaming Gears. It is designed to provide gamers with an excellent gaming experience, combining comfort, precision, and customization options.
One of the key features of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is its lightweight design, weighing just 60.4 grams. This makes it one of the lightest gaming mice available, allowing for swift and precise movements during gameplay. The mouse has an ergonomic shape that fits comfortably in the hand, providing a good grip and reducing fatigue during long gaming sessions.
The mouse is equipped with a high-performance PixArt PAW3370 sensor, which is known for its accuracy and responsiveness. It offers a wide range of sensitivity options, with a maximum DPI of 20,000. This allows gamers to customize the mouse’s sensitivity to suit their preferences and gaming style.
Customization is a key aspect of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless. It features programmable buttons that can be assigned with different functions, allowing users to create shortcuts and macros for easier gameplay. The mouse also has adjustable debounce time and the ability to reassign keys, providing further customization options.
In terms of connectivity, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless offers both wireless and wired options. It can be used as a wireless mouse with its 2.4GHz wireless connection, providing a lag-free experience. Alternatively, it can be used in wired mode using the included USB cable for uninterrupted gaming.
The build quality of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is solid, with no wobbling or creaking. The mouse feet are made of pure virgin PTFE, ensuring smooth gliding across different surfaces. The mouse also has RGB lighting, allowing users to customize the lighting effects according to their preference.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is a lightweight and customizable gaming mouse that offers excellent performance for gamers. With its ergonomic design, precise sensor, and customization options, it is suitable for various gaming genres and can enhance the gaming experience.
Tech Specs And Features
|Connectivity||Wireless (2.4 GHz)|
|Sensor||PixArt PAW3370 Optical Sensor|
|Maximum DPI||20,000 DPI|
|Polling Rate||1000 Hz|
|Switches||Kailh GM 8.0 Switches|
|Battery Life||Up to 70 hours|
|Charging||USB-A to USB-C cable|
|Compatibility||Windows (fully compatible) and macOS (fully compatible)|
|Software||Pulsar Xlite Software|
|Customization Options||Reassign buttons, create macros, adjust DPI, etc.|
|Ergonomics||Comfortable right-handed shape|
|Gliding Experience||Very good|
|Operating System||Windows and macOS|
The Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless gaming mouse comes with several special features that set it apart from other mice:
- Ultra-Lightweight Design: The XLITE V2 Wireless weighs only 60.4 grams, making it one of the lightest gaming mice available. This lightweight design allows for faster and more agile movements, reducing fatigue during extended gaming sessions.
- High-Performance Sensor: The mouse is equipped with the PixArt PAW3370 sensor, which is a flagship optical sensor known for its accuracy and precision. It has a maximum DPI of 20,000, allowing for precise tracking and smooth cursor movements.
- Customizable Buttons and Macros: The XLITE V2 Wireless offers programmable buttons that can be customized to perform various functions, including keyboard commands, macros, and media controls. This customization allows you to tailor the mouse to your specific gaming needs and preferences.
- Ergonomic Design: The mouse features an ergonomic design that provides comfort and support during long gaming sessions. It is shaped to fit well in your hand, with solid plastic areas for finger rests, ensuring a comfortable grip and reduced strain on your hand.
- Wireless Connectivity: The XLITE V2 Wireless offers lag-free 2.4GHz wireless connectivity, allowing for smooth and responsive gaming without the restrictions of a wired connection. It also comes with a USB receiver and receiver extender for convenient setup and extended range.
- Customizable RGB Lighting: The mouse features RGB lighting that can be customized to display a wide range of colors and effects. This allows you to personalize your gaming setup and create a visually appealing environment.
- Excellent Build Quality: The XLITE V2 Wireless is built with durability in mind. It has a sturdy construction that feels solid and reliable. The mouse doesn’t wobble or rattle, ensuring a stable and consistent gaming experience.
- Software Customization: The mouse comes with software that allows for extensive customization. You can adjust DPI settings, create profiles, assign macros, and fine-tune other settings to suit your gaming preferences. The software is user-friendly and provides a smooth customization experience.
These special features make the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless an attractive option for gamers seeking a lightweight and high-performance gaming mouse with customizable features and ergonomic design.
In The Box
The Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless gaming mouse comes with the following items in the box:
- Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse: The main component of the package is the gaming mouse itself. It features an ultra-lightweight design and an ergonomic shape for comfortable use during gaming sessions.
- USB-A to USB-C charging cable: This cable is included for charging the mouse’s battery. It connects to a USB-A port on one end and a USB-C port on the other end.
- USB receiver: The package includes a USB receiver that allows the wireless connection between the mouse and your computer. It plugs into a USB port on your computer.
- USB receiver extender: This extender is provided to improve the wireless range of the USB receiver. It helps ensure a stable and reliable connection between the mouse and your computer.
- Pulsar stickers: As an added bonus, the package includes Pulsar stickers that you can use to personalize your gaming setup or accessories.
- User documentation: The box contains user documentation, which includes instructions and information on how to set up and use the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse. It provides guidance on customizing the mouse’s settings and utilizing its features.
These items are included in the box to provide you with everything you need to start using the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless gaming mouse for your gaming needs.
Design And Build Quality
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless features a sleek and ergonomic design that is well-suited for gaming. It has a matte black plastic body with pill-shaped cutouts on the palm rest and small sections on the sides near the front. The overall shape of the mouse is right-handed and provides a comfortable grip for most hand sizes and grip styles.
The build quality of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is excellent. The mouse feels sturdy and well-built, with no wobbling, creaking, or rattling when shaken. While there is a small amount of flexibility when applying pressure to the frame on the underside, it doesn’t affect the mouse’s performance during regular use.
One notable improvement in the V2 version is the absence of pill-shaped cutouts covering the entire surface of both sides. Instead, there are now solid plastic areas where you rest your fingers, which provides a more comfortable grip compared to the previous generation.
The scroll wheel of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is slightly raised by 1mm compared to its predecessor. This makes it easier to access and use, and the scroll click requires less pressure to activate.
It’s important to note that the underside of the mouse has an unconventional design compared to most gaming mice. Instead of a solid plastic baseplate, it consists of several plastic struts and small panels that hold the PCB and other internals in place. While this design choice may leave the underside more exposed to dust and debris, it doesn’t impact the mouse’s overall performance.
In terms of weight, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is extremely lightweight, weighing in at 60.4 grams. This makes it one of the lightest gaming mice available, contributing to a more effortless and precise mouse movement.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has a well-designed and solid build quality. It offers a comfortable grip, improved finger resting areas, and a lightweight construction that gamers can appreciate.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse offers a moderate level of portability. Here are the details:
- Box Volume: The box volume of the mouse is 20.87 in³ (342 cm³). This indicates the amount of space the mouse’s packaging occupies, which can give you an idea of its overall size.
- Receiver Storing: The mouse does not have a designated storage compartment for its USB receiver. This means you’ll need to find a safe place to keep the receiver when not in use to avoid misplacing it.
- Weight: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is an ultra-lightweight mouse, weighing only 60.4 grams. Its lightweight design makes it easier to carry and handle, which can contribute to its portability.
- Cable: The mouse offers wireless connectivity, so there is no cable involved during normal usage. However, it comes with a USB-A to USB-C charging cable that you can use to charge the mouse’s battery. The cable length is 6.1 ft (1.9 m), providing flexibility in terms of charging options.
- Receiver Extender: The mouse includes a receiver extender, which can be useful for extending the range of the wireless connection between the mouse and the receiver. This can provide more flexibility in positioning the receiver and potentially improve the portability of the mouse.
- Battery Type: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has a rechargeable battery. This means you don’t need to rely on disposable batteries, making it more convenient and environmentally friendly.
- Use When Charging: The mouse can be used while charging. This feature allows you to continue using the mouse even when the battery is low, without interrupting your gaming or work.
- On/Off Activation: The mouse has an auto-off feature, which helps conserve battery life by automatically turning off when not in use for a certain period. It also has an on/off switch that allows you to manually control the power.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless offers decent portability due to its lightweight design, wireless connectivity, and the ability to use it while charging. However, the lack of a dedicated storage compartment for the USB receiver may require additional care to keep track of the receiver when traveling with the mouse.
The weight of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is 60.4 grams. This weight includes the mouse’s internal components and battery. The mouse is considered to be extremely lightweight compared to many other gaming mice on the market.
The lightweight design of the mouse offers several benefits for gamers. Firstly, it allows for effortless and swift movements, making it easier to navigate and aim during gameplay. The reduced weight reduces the strain on your hand and wrist, promoting comfort during long gaming sessions. It also enables faster reaction times as the mouse requires less force to move.
The weight distribution of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is centered, which further enhances its control and maneuverability. This means that the weight is evenly distributed throughout the mouse, providing a balanced feel in your hand.
The lightweight nature of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is achieved through the use of lightweight materials and a compact design. The mouse’s construction utilizes lightweight plastics and components without compromising on durability and build quality.
Overall, the low weight of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless contributes to its excellent performance in fast-paced gaming scenarios, allowing for precise movements and quick reactions.
Connectivity And Compatibility
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse offers wireless connectivity and is compatible with various devices and operating systems. Here are the details regarding its connectivity and compatibility:
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse uses a 2.4GHz wireless connection for its wireless functionality. This wireless connection ensures a lag-free and responsive experience while using the mouse. It provides reliable connectivity, allowing you to enjoy gaming or perform tasks without the restrictions of a wired connection.
The mouse comes with a USB receiver that needs to be plugged into a USB port on your computer or device. The receiver allows the mouse to establish a wireless connection with your device. Additionally, the mouse includes a receiver extender, which can be useful for better positioning and signal reception.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse is designed to be compatible with various devices and operating systems. Here’s the compatibility information:
- Windows Compatibility: The mouse is fully compatible with Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7. It can seamlessly work with these systems, allowing you to utilize all the mouse’s features and functionalities.
- macOS Compatibility: While the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse is compatible with Windows, it doesn’t have full compatibility with macOS. The accompanying software may not be available for macOS, limiting some customization options. However, the mouse’s basic functionality, such as cursor movement and button clicks, should still work on macOS.
It’s important to note that for macOS users, certain advanced customization features or software settings may not be accessible. However, the mouse should still function as a standard pointing device.
In summary, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse offers a wireless 2.4GHz connectivity option, ensuring a responsive and lag-free experience. It is fully compatible with Windows operating systems and should work with basic functionality on macOS.
The cable of the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless is designed to provide a smooth and responsive experience. Here are the details about the cable:
- Cable Length: The cable length is 6.1 feet (1.9 meters), which gives you plenty of flexibility in positioning your mouse and allows for comfortable movement.
- Cable Type: The cable is described as “paracord-like,” which means it is lightweight and flexible, similar to the cords used in paracord bracelets. This type of cable offers reduced drag and resistance, allowing for smooth gliding on both mousepads and desks.
- Permanent Kink: The cable retains some kinks from its packaging. While this doesn’t affect the functionality of the mouse, it’s worth noting that there may be some minor kinks or bends in the cable that could impact the overall aesthetic.
- Port Type: The cable uses a USB-C connector on the mouse end and a standard USB connector (USB-A) on the PC end. This ensures compatibility with a wide range of devices.
Overall, the cable of the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless is designed to provide a flexible and responsive connection between the mouse and your PC. Its paracord-like construction allows for smooth gliding, and the use of USB-C ensures a reliable connection.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless features mouse feet that are designed to provide a smooth gliding experience:
Material: The mouse feet are made of virgin grade PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) material. PTFE is a low-friction material commonly used in mouse feet to reduce friction and provide smooth movement.
Gliding Experience: The mouse feet of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless offer a very good gliding experience. This means that the mouse can move smoothly and effortlessly on various surfaces, including mousepads and desks.
Design: The mouse feet have a larger, wider, and rounder design compared to traditional mouse feet. This design provides a more stable surface contact and tracking, allowing for precise movements and better stopping power.
Included Extras: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless does not come with any additional mouse feet in the package. It includes the standard mouse feet that are pre-installed on the mouse.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has high-quality mouse feet made of virgin grade PTFE material, providing a very good gliding experience. The larger and rounder design of the mouse feet enhances stability and tracking, allowing for precise movements during gaming or regular computer use.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless gaming mouse features a total of five buttons that can be programmed to perform various functions:
- Left-click button: This is the primary button used for selecting, clicking, and dragging in applications and games. It uses Kailh GM 8.0 switches, known for their durability, and is rated for 80 million clicks.
- Right-click button: This button is located on the right side of the mouse and is used for secondary actions, such as context menus or right-click functions in applications and games.
- Scroll wheel: The scroll wheel is located between the left and right-click buttons. It can be used to scroll vertically through documents, web pages, or in-game inventories. The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has a notched scroll wheel with 24 steps, providing precise scrolling.
- Front side button: This button is positioned on the left side of the mouse, within easy reach of the thumb. By default, it is assigned as a side button for additional actions or functions in games or applications. It can also be programmed to perform various tasks using the customization software.
- Back side button: Similar to the front side button, the back side button is located on the right side of the mouse, within reach of the ring finger. By default, it serves as another side button for extra commands. Like the other buttons, it can be customized to suit your preferences.
All five buttons on the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse can be remapped and programmed according to your needs using the provided customization software. This allows you to assign keyboard functions, macros, media controls, and other commands to each button. The ability to customize the buttons provides flexibility and convenience, allowing you to optimize the mouse for your specific gaming or workflow requirements.
Click latency refers to the delay between the physical click of a mouse button and the corresponding action being registered on the computer screen. It is an important factor for gamers as lower click latency can provide a more responsive and accurate gaming experience.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has excellent click latency performance. The expected click latency for the mouse’s wireless connection is 5.7 milliseconds (ms). When used in wired mode, the click latency reduces further to 4.2 ms. These values indicate that the mouse registers button clicks with very minimal delay, resulting in a highly responsive feel.
The click latency for the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is consistently low, whether you’re using it wirelessly or in wired mode. This is crucial for gaming, especially in fast-paced games where quick and precise actions are required. The mouse provides a smooth and responsive click experience, allowing gamers to react swiftly to in-game situations.
It’s worth noting that click latency can also be influenced by factors such as the monitor’s refresh rate and the game’s responsiveness. However, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless itself performs admirably in terms of click latency, ensuring that the delay between button press and action is kept to a minimum.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless delivers excellent click latency performance, making it a reliable choice for gamers who prioritize responsiveness and accuracy in their gaming mice.
The CPI (Counts Per Inch), also known as DPI (Dots Per Inch), of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless refers to the sensitivity or resolution of the mouse sensor. It determines how many cursor movements are registered for each inch of physical movement on a surface.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless offers a wide range of CPI settings that can be adjusted to meet individual preferences and gaming needs. The mouse features the PixArt PAW3370 sensor, which is Pulsar’s flagship sensor and offers exceptional performance.
The CPI range of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is from 50 to 20,000 CPI. This allows users to choose the level of sensitivity that suits their gaming style. Lower CPI settings provide slower and more precise cursor movements, which can be advantageous in tasks that require accuracy, such as sniping in FPS games. Higher CPI settings offer faster cursor movements, which can be useful for quick and reactive actions in fast-paced games.
Additionally, the mouse allows for customization of CPI settings per profile. This means that you can set different CPI levels for different gaming scenarios or applications and easily switch between them. The ability to adjust CPI settings gives gamers flexibility and control over their mouse sensitivity, allowing them to optimize their performance.
It’s worth noting that the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless provides precise tracking and minimal precision errors between different CPI settings. This ensures consistent and reliable cursor movement, regardless of the chosen sensitivity level.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless offers a broad range of CPI settings, allowing users to fine-tune the mouse sensitivity to their liking. Whether you prefer lower or higher sensitivity, this mouse provides the flexibility and accuracy required for optimal gaming performance.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless features a PixArt PAW3370 sensor, which is a high-performance optical sensor specifically designed for gaming mice. Here are the detailed specifications of the sensor:
- Sensor Technology: The PAW3370 sensor utilizes optical (LED) technology to track movement. Optical sensors are known for their high accuracy and precise tracking, making them ideal for gaming.
- DPI Range: The sensor offers a wide range of adjustable DPI (dots per inch) settings. The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless supports a minimum DPI of 50 and a maximum DPI of 20,000. This allows you to customize the sensitivity of the mouse according to your preferences.
- Maximum Polling Rate: The sensor has a maximum polling rate of 1000 Hz. Polling rate refers to the rate at which the mouse reports its position to the computer. A higher polling rate results in more frequent updates and smoother cursor movement.
- Lift-Off Distance: The lift-off distance refers to the height at which the sensor stops tracking when the mouse is lifted off the surface. The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless allows you to toggle between two lift-off distance settings: 1mm and 2mm. This feature is useful for gamers who prefer different lift-off distances for different gaming scenarios.
- Works on Glass: The sensor does not have the capability to track movement on glass surfaces. It is recommended to use the mouse on a mouse pad or a non-reflective surface for optimal performance.
The PixArt PAW3370 sensor used in the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is regarded as a flagship sensor with exceptional tracking capabilities. It offers high precision, fast response times, and customizable DPI settings, making it suitable for both casual and competitive gaming.
Sensor latency refers to the delay between the movement of the mouse and the corresponding movement on the screen. In the case of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless, it has been reported to have low sensor latency, which means that the mouse responds quickly and accurately to your movements.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless uses an optical sensor called the PixArt PAW3370. This sensor is known for its high performance and responsiveness. It has been designed to minimize latency and provide precise tracking.
To measure the sensor latency, various data points are collected. These include the delay to start of movement, delay at half movement, and delay to end of movement. The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has reported values of 11.4 ms, 3.0 ms, and 3.7 ms, respectively. These values indicate that the mouse has a fast response time and minimal delay between your physical movement and the cursor movement on the screen.
Lower sensor latency is crucial for gaming as it ensures that your actions are registered and translated accurately in real-time. With low sensor latency, you can enjoy precise aiming and smooth cursor movement, providing a more immersive and responsive gaming experience.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is reported to have low sensor latency, thanks to its high-performance PixArt PAW3370 sensor. This makes it a suitable choice for gamers who require quick and accurate tracking in their gameplay.
The mouse wheel of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is a notched wheel that provides precise scrolling. It has 24 distinct steps, allowing for accurate control when scrolling through documents or webpages. The scroll wheel operates quietly and smoothly, providing a satisfying scrolling experience.
Compared to the previous version of the mouse, the scroll wheel of the Xlite V2 Wireless has been raised by 1mm, making it easier to reach and use comfortably. Additionally, the scroll click of the wheel requires less pressure to activate, allowing for effortless clicking.
The scroll wheel does not have tilt functionality, meaning it cannot be tilted to the left or right for additional input options. It is a standard notched wheel without any side-to-side movement.
Overall, the scroll wheel of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is precise, quiet, and easy to use. Its notched design and defined steps ensure accurate scrolling, enhancing the overall user experience.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless features RGB lighting that adds a visually appealing element to the mouse. The RGB lighting can be customized to display different colors and effects according to your preferences:
- Lighting Color: The mouse supports RGB lighting, which means you can choose from a wide range of colors to illuminate the mouse. You can select a single color or create dynamic lighting effects by combining different colors.
- Customizable Effects: The mouse offers various lighting effects to enhance its appearance. These effects may include static (constant illumination), breathing (pulsating effect), color cycle (smooth transition between colors), and more. You can choose the effect that suits your style or create your own unique lighting pattern.
- LED Indicator: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has an LED indicator that displays battery status. This LED can be set to a specific color or effect to indicate the remaining battery level. It provides a convenient way to check the battery without needing to open software or check a separate battery indicator.
- Software Control: The RGB lighting of the mouse can be customized using the Pulsar Xlite software. The software allows you to adjust the color, brightness, and effects of the RGB lighting. You can create profiles with different lighting settings and switch between them easily.
- Synchronization: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless may support synchronization with other RGB-enabled devices. This feature allows you to synchronize the lighting effects of your mouse with other compatible devices, such as keyboards or mousepads, creating a unified and harmonious lighting setup.
Overall, the RGB lighting of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless provides a customizable and visually appealing feature to enhance your gaming experience. You can personalize the lighting effects to match your preferences and create a unique gaming setup.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless mouse is described as having a loud click noise. This means that the sound produced when you press the left and right mouse buttons is relatively noticeable and may have a more audible click sound compared to some other mice. The noise level can vary depending on personal preference and sensitivity to sounds.
It’s important to note that the noise level of a mouse click is a subjective aspect and can vary from person to person. Some individuals may prefer a quieter mouse with softer clicks, while others may prefer a more pronounced and tactile click feedback.
If you are someone who prefers a quieter mouse, the loud click noise of the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless might be a consideration for you. However, if the noise doesn’t bother you or you appreciate the tactile feedback provided by the click sound, then it may not be a significant issue.
Ultimately, the noise level of the mouse clicks is a personal preference, and it’s recommended to try out the mouse in person or read reviews from individuals who have used the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless to get a better understanding of its noise profile and determine if it aligns with your preferences.
The software for the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is called Pulsar Xlite. It is compatible with Windows operating systems but currently does not have support for macOS.
The software provides a user-friendly interface that allows you to customize various aspects of the mouse’s functionality. Here are some key features of the software:
- CPI (DPI) Adjustment: You can adjust the mouse’s sensitivity by customizing the CPI (counts per inch) settings. The software allows you to set up to four CPI settings per profile, giving you flexibility in finding the sensitivity that suits your preferences.
- Polling Rate Adjustment: The software enables you to adjust the polling rate of the mouse. You can choose from four different options: 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, and 1000Hz. A higher polling rate means the mouse reports its position to the computer more frequently, resulting in smoother and more responsive cursor movement.
- Profile Configuration: The software allows you to create and customize multiple profiles for different gaming scenarios or personal preferences. Each profile can have its own settings for CPI, polling rate, button assignments, and lighting effects.
- Macro Recording: You can record and assign macros to the mouse’s buttons using the software. Macros are sequences of commands or actions that can be executed with a single button press. This feature can be useful for complex in-game maneuvers or repetitive tasks.
- Lift-Off Distance Adjustment: The software provides the option to adjust the lift-off distance of the mouse. You can toggle between a 1mm or 2mm setting, allowing you to fine-tune the mouse’s behavior when lifting it off the surface.
- Debounce Time Adjustment: The software allows you to adjust the debounce time, which is the delay between button presses to prevent unintended double-clicks. You can set the debounce time as low as 0ms for faster response.
- Lighting Effects: The software provides control over the RGB lighting of the mouse. You can customize the colors and effects to match your preference or create dynamic lighting patterns.
- Profile Auto-Switching: The software does not support profile auto-switching. You will need to manually switch between profiles using the software or assigned buttons on the mouse.
- On-Board Memory: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless has onboard memory, which means that once you have configured your settings using the software, they are saved directly on the mouse. This allows you to use your customized settings on different computers without needing to install the software again.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite software provides a range of customization options to tailor the mouse’s performance and functionality according to your preferences. It offers intuitive controls and allows you to create personalized profiles, adjust sensitivity settings, assign macros, and customize lighting effects.
The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is a gaming mouse that delivers impressive performance in various aspects. Let’s dive into the details of its performance:
- Click Latency: The mouse has very low click latency, which means there is minimal delay between clicking a button and the action being registered on the screen. This low latency ensures a responsive and accurate gaming experience.
- CPI (DPI) Adjustment: The mouse offers a wide range of CPI (counts per inch) or DPI (dots per inch) settings, allowing you to customize the sensitivity according to your preference. This flexibility ensures precise tracking and smooth cursor movement.
- Sensor Performance: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless features the PixArt PAW3370 sensor, which is considered a flagship sensor in the gaming mouse industry. It boasts high tracking speeds, low acceleration, and a programmable DPI range of up to 20,000. This sensor delivers exceptional tracking accuracy, making it suitable for both fast-paced FPS games and precise MMO gameplay.
- Customization: The mouse provides extensive customization options. You can reprogram all the buttons, create macros, and adjust settings such as debounce time. This level of customization allows you to tailor the mouse to your specific gaming needs and playstyle.
- Build Quality: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless boasts excellent build quality, with a sturdy construction that minimizes wobbling or rattling. It feels solid and durable, ensuring longevity even during intense gaming sessions.
- Weight: The mouse is designed to be ultra-lightweight, weighing just 60.4 grams. This lightweight construction allows for swift and effortless mouse movements, reducing fatigue during extended gaming sessions. It is particularly beneficial for FPS gaming, where quick reflexes and precise aiming are crucial.
- Wireless Connectivity: The mouse offers a reliable wireless connection using 2.4GHz technology. This ensures a lag-free and uninterrupted gaming experience. Additionally, the mouse can be used in wired mode if desired.
- Battery Life: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is equipped with a rechargeable battery that provides up to 70 hours of usage. This allows for extended gaming sessions without worrying about running out of power. The battery life may vary depending on usage and settings.
- Glide and Feet: The mouse features high-quality PTFE feet that provide smooth gliding on various surfaces, allowing for effortless mouse movements and precise tracking.
Overall, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless excels in terms of click latency, sensor performance, customization options, build quality, lightweight design, and wireless connectivity. These features combine to deliver a high-performance gaming experience suitable for both casual and competitive gamers.
Price And Variants
The Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless gaming mouse is available in two size/style variants: Medium and Mini. Both variants have the same features and specifications but differ in size. The price for both variants is $79.95.
- Medium: This variant of the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless is designed with a medium-sized body, suitable for users who prefer a standard-sized mouse. It offers a comfortable grip for most hand sizes and grip types.
- Mini: The Mini variant of the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless is designed for users who prefer a smaller and more compact mouse. It is ideal for those with smaller hands or those who prefer a lightweight and portable gaming mouse.
The Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless is available in the following color options:
These color options allow users to choose a mouse that suits their personal style and preferences.
Price: The price for both the Medium and Mini variants of the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless is $79.95. This price may vary depending on the retailer and any ongoing promotions or discounts.
It’s worth noting that prices and availability are subject to change, so it’s advisable to check with the retailer or seller for the most up-to-date information on pricing and variants.
Pros And Cons of Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless
|Very low click latency||Provides a responsive and lag-free gaming experience|
|Extremely lightweight||Weighs only 60.4 grams, making it one of the lightest gaming mice available|
|Comfortable right-handed shape||Ergonomic design suitable for most hand sizes and grip types|
|Excellent build quality||Sturdy construction with no wobbling or rattling|
|Programmable buttons||Allows customization with reprogrammable buttons and macros|
|Adjustable DPI||Precise CPI adjustments with a broad range and low lift-off distance|
|Wireless connectivity||Reliable 2.4GHz wireless connection with a USB receiver|
|Rechargeable battery||Long battery life of up to 70 hours and can be used while charging|
|Smooth gliding experience||High-quality mouse feet made of virgin grade PTFE for smooth movement|
|Bulky design||Not designed for easy portability and may not fit in laptop bags or cases|
|No storage compartment||Lacks a dedicated compartment for storing the USB receiver|
|Open underside design||The open design can allow dust and debris to accumulate|
|Click noise||Produces loud click noise, which may be bothersome for some users|
|No macOS compatibility||The configuration software is not compatible with macOS|
|Retains cable kinks||The cable may retain some kinks from packaging, affecting the overall cable experience|
Conclusion: Should You Buy The Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless?
If you’re considering purchasing the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless gaming mouse, here’s a detailed explanation to help you decide whether it’s the right choice for you:
- Gaming Performance: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless excels in gaming performance, particularly in FPS games. Its low click latency ensures quick and responsive button inputs, which is crucial for competitive gaming. The lightweight design, weighing only 60.4 grams, allows for swift and precise movements, giving you an advantage in fast-paced games.
- Ergonomics and Comfort: The mouse is designed with ergonomics in mind, offering a comfortable grip and a shape that suits most hand sizes and grip styles. The solid plastic areas for resting your fingers provide better comfort compared to the previous version with pill-shaped cutouts. Whether you use palm, claw, or fingertip grip, this mouse should provide a comfortable experience.
- Customizability: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless offers a high level of customizability. You can reprogram all five buttons, create macros, and adjust DPI settings to suit your preferences. The software provided allows you to fine-tune various settings, including lift-off distance and debounce time. This flexibility enables you to tailor the mouse to your gaming style and preferences.
- Build Quality: The mouse is well-built and feels sturdy in hand. It has a solid construction that minimizes wobbling or creaking. The buttons use Kailh GM 8.0 switches, known for their durability and longevity, with a rating of 80 million clicks. This ensures that the mouse can withstand intense gaming sessions and will last for a long time.
- Wireless Connectivity: The Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless offers a 2.4GHz wireless connection, which provides a lag-free gaming experience. The mouse comes with a USB receiver and a receiver extender for added convenience. It also has a rechargeable battery with a claimed battery life of up to 70 hours, and you can use the mouse while it’s charging.
- Design and Aesthetics: The mouse has a sleek and modern design with a matte black finish. The RGB lighting, which can be customized, adds a touch of style to your gaming setup. However, it’s important to note that the mouse is slightly bulky and may not be as easily portable as some other gaming mice.
- Portability: If you frequently travel with your gaming setup, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless might not be the most portable option due to its bulkier design and lack of a storage compartment for the USB receiver.
- Open Design: The underside of the mouse has an open design, which can make it more prone to accumulating dust and debris over time. Regular cleaning may be required to maintain optimal performance.
In conclusion, the Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless is an excellent choice if you prioritize lightweight design, gaming performance, and customization options. It offers a comfortable grip, low click latency, and a high-performance sensor, making it suitable for FPS gaming. The build quality is solid, and the wireless connectivity is reliable. However, if portability is a significant factor for you or if you prefer a more compact mouse, you may want to consider other options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse suitable for FPS gaming?
Yes, the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless is excellent for FPS gaming. Its low click latency, lightweight design, and precise tracking make it a great choice for FPS games.
What is the weight of the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse?
The Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless weighs 60.4 grams, making it one of the lightest gaming mice available.
Can I customize the buttons on the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse?
Yes, you can reprogram all the buttons on the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse to perform various actions such as keyboard functions, macros, and more.
Does the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse have adjustable DPI settings?
Yes, the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse allows you to adjust the DPI (CPI) settings. It has a wide range of programmable DPI options, allowing you to customize it according to your preferences.
Does the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse have RGB lighting?
Yes, the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse features RGB lighting. You can customize the lighting color and effects according to your preference.
Can the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse be used while charging?
Yes, the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse can be used while charging. It provides the flexibility to continue gaming even when the battery is low.
Does the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse have on-board memory?
Yes, the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse has on-board memory, allowing you to save your customized settings and profiles directly on the mouse.
Is the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse compatible with macOS?
No, the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse is currently compatible with Windows operating systems only.
What is the battery life of the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse?
The Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse has a battery life of up to 70 hours, providing long-lasting gaming sessions.
Does the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse work on glass surfaces?
No, the Pulsar XLITE V2 Wireless mouse does not work on glass surfaces. It requires a mousepad or a non-reflective surface for accurate tracking.